United House Developments and Poplar HARCA have signed a development agreement to deliver the regeneration of the Chrisp Street Market. We have been working together now for two years on this project and have reached the stage of formal pre-application meetings with LB of Tower Hamlets.
The Public Realm improvements include:
- A remodelled market square, designed flexibly to accommodate potential non-market day events:
- film festival / open air cinema / theatre
- live concert / vintage fair / seasonal ice rink
- Chinese New Year/ Eid etc events
- Explore possibility of providing traffic calming measures (“shared space”)
This occurs in Kerbey Street, Cordelia Street and Chrisp Street and remodelling of the pedestrian connection of the site with All Saints DLR Station and Poplar Baths.