Central Park, Dublin
A series of over-arching objectives and design principles have been established
which have driven and informed the development of the landscape proposals.
These principles form the framework from which the landscape scheme has
A summary of the these principles is given below:
• Maximise the amount of green spaces and enhance ecology and biodiversity.
• Maximise unique aspects of the existing site.
• Create a safe, publicly accessible environment, which people can enjoy at
any time of day.
• Establish a new high quality public realm and landscape environment in this
district of the city.
• Provide potential for outdoor wellness areas
• Create flexible communal space with the potential for a range of uses and
The landscape and public realm scheme is seen as the unifying layer which connects different areas of the site, and the site to the wider townscape .
It has the capacity to facilitate new connections between local residents, workers
and visitors, forging new relationships which over time can help establish the space as a key part of the community infrastructure.